Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our weekend

Just a few snapshots, etc. from our weekend so far!


Chelsie and Amanda have been taking a sewing class on Saturday mornings, and this is their first project. They made cupcake pin cushions which are really very cute! I think it's funny that John's cousin thought it was a bit risky voluntarily walking into a Bernina store once a week -- something about placing myself in temptation's path and maybe ending up purchasing a machine for a lot of money that I had not originally planned to buy. Obviously there are some things she does not know about me! Wendy might need to be careful, though! :)

We have been playing around designing table decorations for Stephanie's wedding and wonder what she thinks about these creations (though in tiffany blue and pink) . . . OK, maybe not. These are the results of Amanda's "write it, do it" science olympiad practice she had this morning with her science olympiad partner.



I was walking in the mall and found this cute outfit for Chelsie, so here she is modeling it. I have a policy that if I find a cute dress for one of the girls (or even me for that matter), I buy it even if that wasn't my original reason for being at the store. To say there is a serious shortage of modest church dresses and skirts to be found is putting it lightly. Even with my standing policy, I have yet to buy me a new dress in a long, long time which is kind of sad because I would put out the money in a heartbeat, but no one seems to want it.


Amanda is taking vocal lessons and we went to her vocal recital today. She is in a group class with some other girls about her age. They performed two songs and did a very nice job!

It's that time of year again, and Jordan is trying to think of a creative way to ask one of the girls in our ward to prom. I thought he should put an old-fashioned telephone on her doorstep along with a note that said he decided to ask her the old-fashioned way . . . but he doesn't think that's very funny . . . so it's back to the drawing board. I think she might also enjoy a nice bouquet of flowers with a simple note. I would think she would appreciate to not have a lot of pressure to come up with a creative response . . . but apparently I know nothing. And for all of you who do not yet have teenagers, be forewarned: the day is coming when you will no longer know anything, too.

0 comments: