President Monson was in the parade, and he waved right at me when I waved to him. We didn't go to KFC, but we did go to our favorite place at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It is the Nauvoo Cafe, and they have the best sandwiches. At least I can say they have the best Coca-Cola pork loin sandwiches (we haven't tried any of the others, except for Chelsie who ordered grilled cheese with bacon). We probably shouldn't have taken this picture, though, because now Stephanie and Jordan know we went without them. :) The first time we went was last Christmas season when John's singing group was performing on Temple Square. Stephanie has heard us talking about this place for six months, and now she's bummed because she missed out again.
The Davis High Marching Band -- the reason we came to the parade!
Jordan playing the clarinet Amanda's 13 birthday!
Amanda loves when we frost cupcakes with our decorating kit because you get tons of frosting on each cupcake. The downside is that you have to make 3 batches of frosting to be able to frost 24 cupcakes, but they admittedly do taste better that way.
The following are pictures from our trip to Leavenworth, Washington to visit John's family.
Mardell and Steven (Milton and Kelly's son)
John with Mardell's husband, Tom
Chelsie overlooking Peshastin Creek
Amanda, Jordan, and Chelsie spent a lot of time playing near the creek. Unfortunately, their explorations came to an abrupt end when Jordan put his hand on what turned out to be a bee's nest.
2 comments:
I love looking at your pictures. I really like Jordan's haircut - I think he looks good with his hair short. My girls were so excited to see the picture of President Monson - they agreed that that was pretty cool!
Ditto what Suzanne said. I love summer! Your pictures remind me of the Primary song, "Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime?" ... march in parades, swim in a pool to keep yourself cool (ok it was a lake), lazily dream on the banks as the clouds go by (it looked more like John was out for the count).
Post a Comment