I know I haven't blogged recently. Though I have been extremely busy, when it comes to blogging, I can't think of a thing to write. I'm thinking that the things that have been occuyping all my time are not really very interesting to every0ne else, but I've decided to share anyway, and you can choose to read or not!
self-efficacy: the belief that one is capable of performing in a certain manner to attain certain goals. It is a belief that one has the capabilities to execute the courses of actions required to manage prospective situations. Unlike efficacy, which is the power to produce an effect (in essence, competence), self-efficacy is the belief (whether or not accurate) that one has the power to produce that effect.
This whole idea of self-efficacy may not have crossed your mind lately, but it consumes mine all day every day. I am being trained as a "cognitive coach," and part of what I am learning to do is to assess and elevate others' "states of mind." What I am learning applies at home as well as at school, and when I hear teachers and/or my own children say that can't do something because it's too hard, because they have too many students, because the teacher is dumb, because educators aren't given enough money, etc., then my job is to figure out how to instill in them the belief that they can make things happen in spite of circumstances out of their control. Not always so easy.
Weber State University: a public university located in the city of Ogden in Weber County, Utah, USA. It was founded in 1889 and is a coeducational, publicly supported university offering professional, liberal arts and technical certificates, as well as associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees. The university prides itself in its excellent teaching, extraordinary commitment to meeting the needs of students at every stage of life and ongoing service to the community. Weber State University is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Programs throughout the university are accredited as well.
This is my first semester to try and take 2 classes instead of 1. That may not seem like a big deal, but when you put it on top of a full-time job, a district leadership assignment, trying to publish a book, and trying to be a good mom, 2 classes takes its toll. The classes I am taking this semester are "Historical Foundations of Education" and "Curriculum Design." I actually find both of them quite interesting, but I'll spare you the details.
homework, or homework assignment: refers to tasks assigned to students by their teachers to be completed mostly outside of class, and derives its name from the fact that most students do the majority of such work at home. Common homework assignments may include a quantity or period of reading to be performed, writing or typing to be completed, problems to be solved, a school project to be built (such as a diorama or display), or other skills to be practiced.
This is what I do every Tuesday night and Saturday morning and sometimes on other days as well. Need I say more?
goodbye: from Late Middle English Godbwye/God.b.w.ye, from the Middle English phrase "God be with ye," meaning "God Be With You," is a traditional parting phrase in the English language.
New Adventure, New Blog
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment