I have been informed my last blog entry didn't count as an "update." It did, however, let you know that I was still alive and that I do in fact remember how to post new entries, which should count for something! Sometimes there is so much going on that I don't know where to start, so I decided to just highlight some of the events of this past week.
Saturday - Stephanie came up, and she, Wendy, and I went to the Relief Society broadcast together. Our stake provided a light dinner ahead of time, which was also very nice. I love that Stephanie lives close enough that we can do things like this together!
Sunday - Today was my last day of leading the ward choir. I never (and I repeat never) would have thought these words would come out of my mouth, but I am actually going to miss that calling!
Monday - Our Family Home Evening was a very inspiring game of Pit! We all had a lot of fun!
Tuesday - Tonight I was set apart for my new calling which is Stake Young Women's Secretary. I always like when I am set apart for a new calling because there is always a personal message which has a special meaning for me in the priesthood blessing, and it is wonderful to know my Heavenly Father loves me and knows what I am thinking and feeling.
Wednesday - Today was the first storm of the fall season, and the kids at school knew it! I drove to Salt Lake for my hair appointment, and the hail I drove through reinforced the thought that I don't want winter to come yet! Wendy has introduced me to my new hair stylist, who I really like. We went a little darker with my hair color this time, and I really like it.
Thursday - The kids and I are out of school for the Fall Break (also known as UEA weekend), and on the plus side, I didn't have to set my alarm for 5:15 this morning. Yea! I have a meeting this afternoon with my graduate committee at Weber State. They are hopefully going to approve my final paper and sign off on my research project so I can begin collecting data. When this happens, I will have passed off all my requirements for the class I am in this fall, and I will get a jump start on next semester where I collect my data and do a final write-up. I just have two electives to take after that point, and then I am finished with my master's. I think I will officially graduate in August, but I will "walk" next December (since they only have graduation ceremonies in April and December). The cool thing is mom and dad will be back from their mission and Jordan will not have left on his mission yet, so everyone can be there! I know my kids are not necessarily thrilled with the thought of sitting through graduation ceremonies, but they have learned from mom and dad (and have informed me) that eating out at the Ruby River Steakhouse is what you do afterward, and they are excited about that!
Friday - Friday is not yet "scheduled," except I am finally going to see the eye doctor about prescription reading glasses. :( We are thinking about hiking to Timpanogos caves that day depending on weather and John's schedule.
Saturday and Sunday - General Conference. Stephanie and Chris as well as Jake and his girlfriend are coming for dinner on Sunday. It should be a wonderful day!
New Adventure, New Blog
12 years ago
1 comments:
I suggested you go a little darker before the wedding and you blew me off. I'm glad you like Shae; she's the best. You need to post a picture.
Post a Comment