Chelsie made the color guard team! Wahoo! She was at tryouts from 9:00-1:00 on Saturday. When I picked her up, she was very upset and was sure she had done poorly on her audition. As I got her to talk about it, it sounded like her first audition went very well, and she felt very good about the routine. When she went for a callback, she messed up when asked to do a move called the "butterfly." Though I tried to tell her lots of people mess up on something during tryouts and that messing up on one thing was not a big deal, she would have no part of that positive thinking! She told me she would rather I go around saying she probably didn't make it, and then if she did make it, she would be pleasantly surprised!
On Sunday, a girl came to the door with an envelope for Chelsie, and inside was a note that said, "Congratulations! You made the 2010-2011 color guard team!" She was so excited!!! The girls had been told the results would be posted on Monday, so she wasn't expecting to hear so soon. She begins practice next week to get ready for the 4th of July parade, and they are also having a team party so the girls can get to know each other.
Amanda had her first vocal audition on Monday evening. One of the advantages of being her accompanist is that I get to see/hear the whole audition! With the help of multiple medications and a priesthood blessing, she was able to have her full voice, and her audition was pretty much flawless. (I was so proud!) She now is going to early-morning dance clinics for the next stage of the choir tryouts (they want to know if you can sing and dance at the same time). The singing/dancing tryouts are on Thursday, and then she has a few more auditions next week for the high school musical and for the productions class. I'll keep you posted . . .
New Adventure, New Blog
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment