Okay, I've decided it's so much harder to be a mom of a child trying out for something they dearly want than being the child trying out for something they want. Chelsie is at Color Guard tryouts at the junior high this morning, and I am so nervous for her! Color Guard is one thing incoming 7th graders are allowed to try out for, and she has been at clinics all week. I have been helping her practice these last few evenings and now have the song RIGHT ROUND by Flo Rida going through my head nonstop because we have played it so much! Chelsie has really enjoyed learning the flag moves and the routine, and I hope the tryouts go well for her.
Amanda is also preparing for three different auditions next week. She is trying out for Layton High's choir, productions, and musical ("The Jazzy Chaperone"). Her throat started to give her problems a couple days ago, so I brought her to the doctor yesterday. It's not that I wanted her to have anything serious, but John was giving me a hard time about the futility of bringing her in for a "cold," so I felt vindicated when we walked out of the doctor's office with prescriptions for Strep, a sinus infection, and pink eye! I think she's on the mend, and the doctor gave several suggestions on how to get her voice ready for her auditions.
(On a side note: While Amanda was getting ready to go to the doctor, she decided to use my mascara, and now it's contaminated with pink eye germs. Wendy, I think I need to order another black mascara, and Bonnie, I think I did something similar to you once upon a time, and this is my official apology!)
New Adventure, New Blog
12 years ago
2 comments:
Why didn't you have me help Chelsie practice? I was in color guard for junior high, high school, and at BYU. Hope she makes it!!
I've got black mascara on hand.
Well did they make it? Follow up please.
Post a Comment