Thursday, November 6, 2008

Brand New Year

Happy New Year! Amanda and I just got back from a New Year's Eve celebration -- the Brand New Year celebration which Celeste is in and which the church will broadcast at the end of the year, and it was really amazing! We kept looking for girls in purple shirts on the stage to see if we could spot Celeste, but I think she was on the opposite side of the stage from where we were sitting. The "dude" that gave the 15 minute speech (see Celeste's blog :) was Elder Holland, and Amanda particularly liked the songs because they reminded her of EFY songs. I think this is a different kind of production from anything I have seen the church produce, and I think the youth will really enjoy it.

I was particularly proud of myself for getting home so fast. The production ended at 9:00, Amanda and I were driving away in our car at 9:10, and we were home by 9:35. We dashed out the door as soon as it was over, and Amanda was a little bit embarrased that I was doing my "Disneyland Walk" (half run, half really fast walk) to get to the car and out of the parking lot ahead of the crowds. However, I do not like driving through crowded Salt Lake streets, and I knew Amanda had to get going on homework, so I just ignored her comments and told her to keep up!

0 comments: